Sunday, August 18, 2013

Smoothie and desert





Making healthy green smoothies is fun, because you can experiment with ingredients and recipes. I never strictly made smoothies after recipes, because sometimes, you just don't have all the ingredients at home. Smoothies can be very simple and basic ( water, apple, banana, salad) or complicated and stuffed with good and fancy foods. 
I love to put extra so called super-foods to my smoothies, like Spirulina Chlorella or Weathgrass powders. And lately I add Moringa. I have never used it before and am curious about it's much praised and much researched health benefits. I must say that it gives the smoothies a sweet taste, which I like.

I feel I start to become more sensitive again, to what my body is asking for in terms of food. Since I started to leave out any dairy products and mostly choose gluten free products, I feel that my body asks for a lot less food. The food it gets, is so rich and beneficial, that I can feel my body becoming happy form the inside.

The occasional cravings for so called comfort-food are much less.
Enjoy your food!

 
 Recipe: smoothie
water, green salad, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 carrot, 1 lemon ( juice), 1 teaspoon Moringa powder, 1 teaspoon OPC ( grapepitflour)
for decoration, a bit of popped amaranth and sprouts


Desert:raw blueberry cake
 I tried this recipe (German)




No comments:

Post a Comment